What is Walk with Me?
Walk with Me is a community fundraising challenge for Youth Focus.
We are challenging all Western Australians to step up for youth mental by walking 50km, 75km, 100km or a distance of your choice during Mental Health Month, to raise awareness and to support Youth Focus through fundraising.
We're walking alongside our friends, our families and our young people.
What do I have to do?
Wherever you live, whatever your ability, you can decide when and where to complete Walk with Me. You're welcome to complete the challenge in a way that works best for you.
When and where is Walk with Me?
Walk with Me is a virtual fitness challenge which runs during October. You decide where and when to complete your challenge.
What is Mental Health Month?
Mental Health Month is a national week celebrated each year in October to coincide with World Mental Health Day on 10 October.
Who is Youth Focus?
Youth Focus is a leading mental health provider that has been supporting the wellbeing of young people in the Western Australian community for almost 30 years.
Our mission is to equip young people who experience mental health challenges to lead meaningful lives. We do this through the delivery of free and accessible professional face-to-face and web counselling services and other mental health programs to thousands of young people and their families each year.
For further information, please visit www.youthfocus.com.au or call (08) 6266 4333.
How much does it cost to register?
It’s completely free to register and participate in Walk with Me. Simply sign up now and ask your friends and family to support you by making a donation to your individual or team fundraising page.
How do I join a team?
You can join a public team by clicking on the 'Join us' button on the teams fundraising page. If the team is set to private you will need to ask the team captain to send you an invite.
How do I reset my password?
Login to your Walk with Me account and head to your dashboard. Click on ‘My Account’ and select ‘Reset Password'.
Where do the funds go that I raise?
Every dollar you raise will help support the delivery of free and uncapped counselling services for young Western Australians with mental health issues.
- $25 can help provide important mental health resources and information to young people.?
- $50 can help connect a young person with our mental health services when they need them.
- $75 can contribute to our local Youth Focus Community Engagement Coordinators attending community events, and start important conversations about youth mental health.?
- $100 can help contribute to Youth Focus mental health education programs to students in schools.?
- $150 can help Youth Focus to deliver creative local youth engagement programs such as Surf to Smile.?
- $190 can help provide a young person with a life-changing counselling session with a Youth Focus counsellor.?
- $250 can enable Youth Focus to support cultural learning programs for Aboriginal young people, to foster stronger connections to culture, country and community.?
- $610 can help train and onboard a new mentor, to be a positive and supportive role model for a young person experiencing mental health challenges.?
- $1,000 can contribute towards group counselling sessions for families, to help families build their ability to support each other and foster positive connections.?
- $2,000 can help fund 12 months of mentoring for a young person, to help them transition out of counselling and develop a positive, supportive relationship with a mentor.??
- $2,500 can enable our Youth Focus employment programs to support a young person to seek, gain and maintain meaningful employment – which can have an enormous positive impact for a young person’s mental health.?
- $5,000 can help Youth Focus provide services to regional communities, where there is limited access to mental health services.?
- $10,000 can help provide a vehicle for Youth Focus staff to actively engage the community in programs such as employment support, schools engagement, and community outreach.?
How do I update my fundraising goal?
Login to your Walk with Me account and head to your dashboard. Click on ‘Edit my page’ and update your fundraising goal.
My fitness activity
How do I log my kilometres online?
Log your kilometres in two ways:
1. Link your page to a fitness tracker or app: We are linked to FitBit, mapmyfitness and Strava to automatically sync with your fundraising page and add to your kilometre tracker each time you record an activity. You can use your smartphone to download FitBit, mapmyfitness or Strava to get started. After creating an account with your preferred app, login to your Walk with Me account and head to the ‘My Fitness Activity’ tab to connect to your fitness app.
Please allow 24 hours for your activity to show up on your fundraising page.
2. Log your kilometres manually: To log kilometres manually, simply login to your online fundraising page and head to the ‘My Fitness Activity’ to record your activity.